SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKATEBOARD VIDEO TRADING  »  Skateboard Madness
Page 1 of 1    

Skateboard Madness

zodiac13
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2002 Posts: 4822 Location: Birmingham, Alabama
I'm looking to pick up a copy of this classic gem. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks for your time!

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:50 am Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Posts: 4420 Location: Chicago, IL originally from Liverpool, England
I have a dub of a dub of a dub of about half of it. You are right, it is superb. The footage of a very young cab just ripping up a classic 70s skatepark (Winchester?) is amazing. he is tiny, and yet is smooth as silk. You wonder how he can reach the coping. I would love a full copy of this too. Anyone?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cesslide
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:56 am Reply with quote
If you keep your eye out you might even catch it on regular TV, thats how I got my copy. It was going on ten years ago but I got it off like late night movie hour on UPN on a weekend. I just happened to be looking through the TV guide, and there it is listed, NO WAY. A pretty good chunk of the movie is some roller disco junk cheesecake, just horrible, why? The Winchester footage is all too short but killer clips of the washboard and keyhole. The turning point ramp is really cool also.
captain fun
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:44 am Reply with quote
I have an original copy. I may be able to dub it either for trade or for cash. For trades, see details under the current topic on the Hokus Pokus soundtrack. For cash, see details under the older topic ~Zero Hero~ (under this forum on video trading, p. 2).

I have heard that this movie has recently been reissued on DVD, though, and I will try to find the info on that. If it is back in print, I would hesitate about bootlegging it for cash, and you would be better off with your own original copy, anyway. Does anyone here know of this movie's availability on DVD?

... skateboard madness prevails,
Phil Hartman and Jeff Lunz.

[ This Message was edited by: captain fun on 2003-04-09 19:11 ]
captain fun
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:11 pm Reply with quote
This is all I could find so far.

http://www.surfhistory.com/html/cgi-b...m#product-details

zodiac13
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2002 Posts: 4822 Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Thank You! I'll keep up with the surfhistory.com updates!

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:09 pm Reply with quote
You are welcome Zodiac.

I hope no one thought I sounded stingy with my reluctance to bootleg my copy of _Skateboard Madness_.

I would just rather not bootleg a movie which is in print and readily available, for it robs a retailer and people involved in its production their just profits from sales. But if it were out of print, I might dub someone a copy. It may be the only version that that person could get.

...drive ever further into skateboard madness,
Phil Hartman and Jeff Lunz.

[ This Message was edited by: captain fun on 2003-04-09 19:37 ]

Page 1 of 1