SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VIDEO & IMAGES  »  And this is why i want my money back!
Page 3 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

And this is why i want my money back!

plywood20
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:14 pm Reply with quote
All I know is that I want a white Reaper more than ever. What video is that from? I don't think I've ever seen it before.
Stubbs
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Streets on Fire, the 2nd SC video put out.
skaterbuilt
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:40 am Reply with quote
Right on Eddie Boy...I think Cartman must be on LUDES...Corey was and is cool and can still rip like he did then...oh, yeah, that wasn't ripping? Maybe by today's standards, it may seem a bit weak...but not for back then...that is some good-ole late 80's fun that most of us on here were guilty of...FUN stuff.

dAvO
JohnnieAloha
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:52 am Reply with quote
Joined: 18 Sep 2003 Posts: 795 Location: Makakilo, HI ---> Miami, FL

What can BROWN do for you? I know what it can do for me!
SantaCruzSkater
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:48 am Reply with quote
I mean seriously, who the fuck buys a board just because of how rad they think the guy is? I buy a board because I like the shape and/or graphic. I don't know the guy who skates the damn thing and I don't really care.

Sounds like you have a bad case of "fanboyasitis"

Slim
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Sep 2003 Posts: 2954 Location: pedro point, nor cal
SantaCruzSkater wrote:
I mean seriously, who the fuck buys a board just because of how rad they think the guy is?

Well, to be honest, this is the principal on which the entire skateboard and related soft goods industry is based. Clearly many, many people buy stuff based on which famous skater uses it.

Most of us are old enough to have grown out of this by now (though there are skaters here who still worship certain old timers and buy their stuff), but in the 80s we were still kids and buying DP's board or Cab's shoes was indeed related to our view of their skating ability and coolness, whether we realized it or not.
Freshkid
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:03 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
As a kid I always pressed fast forward over Corey's section...I remember the most influential scenes in that video being Salba in the awesome psychedelic pool sequence (for the music mainly), Kendall for his methods, Roskopp for his manual roll (not the jump ramp air over a car...yuk), and Natas who was all conqueringly incredible.

I think he's right...Corey DID suck. At least he did on Wheels of Fire. Perhaps he didn't get much time to film or something. I've seen good photos of the guy, and I hear good reports about his skating.

Anyway...I prefer Penny.
Doug
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Freshkid I think your confusing Wheels of Fire with Streets on Fire, but whatever.

Don't know the guy, but I always thought COB was rad, had a rad deck, and lots of kids bought it, end of story. Pro skateboarding is show business, and it's the companies job to move some products. There's no reason to feel cheated if you didn't like the guys skating years later.

There's a particular rider today who's sold more decks than any one skater, ever, by a long shot. IMO if we were going purely on skateboarding prowess, that particular pro would be lucky to be in the top 100, but that's not what selling shit is about.

Now if you excuse me I've got to go about my super-mega-extreme-slimjim-mountaindew lifestyle.
Freshkid
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:35 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I am, yeah...I always get them mixed up. Streets of Fire it is.
falconneil
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Posts: 4420 Location: Chicago, IL originally from Liverpool, England
Slim, if you could do that stuff then (1983/84) then you should have been a pro too. If you mean that you could do it after the video got released in 86 or something, then too bad. That stuff had been invented and perfected by guys like GSD and COB 2 years earlier. You were just copying what they invented. Big difference. Like I say though, if you were doing hazards and boneless ones in 83, then you should have been a pro too. Then Cartman could be complaining about having your board.

Page 3 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next